Monday, April 25, 2011

WRITE ON. . .

HELLO FANS:

I am writing to you today to express my overwhelming excitement about my new website launch, WRITE ON!  This site was created to bring awareness to more independent (indie) minority authors, as well as all indie authors.  There are hundreds of thousands of sites that help promote indie authors, but not many for minorities, and, not many that don't charge a fee.  I decided to think outside the box a little and create a site that everyone can be featured on for FREE, and gain more exposure, which is a huge plus!

As I mentioned in the "Author Spotlight" tab attached to this blog, I don't want to appear offensive or that I will not feature other authors of various races, because that couldn't be further from the truth.  I plan to feature all indie authors that meet my guidelines to further gain exposure for our common goal~~to be read!

As I mentioned in past blogs, it's important to do your homework and find out how to navigate through the rat-race jungle of the literary world.  It is an extremely hard business to break into, and even more hard for those of us who enjoy the creative freedoms of promoting ourselves.  There are tons of websites and blogs that feature authors, and this is a wonderful networking tool.

I don't believe in hogging the spotlight all the time.  I don't have any problem sharing that spot with countless other indie authors who deserve their time to shine.  There are so many of us out here who are talented writers and it's extremely hard to gain readers and an audience.  I have been tremendously blessed that my fan base has been on the rise, and continues to grow each and every day, and I cannot thank my God more.  I thank God for where I've come from and where He plans to lead me, and by my Lord and Savior blessing me, I want to bless others.

WRITE ON is a forum designed with books and indie authors in mind, especially those authors that might not otherwise have been heard of or discovered.  Through all my networking tools and fast marketing skills, I have met an array of wonderful bloggers and authors alike, and this is a common subject we often embark upon.  So, why wait for someone to get things started for us?  Since we're doing it for ourselves, it is that spirit that we must continue to work toward.

I want to meet more and more people, and spread the word about minority authors, that you may not have heard of or knew where to find them.  Awareness is definitely the key to keeping fellow authors and future aspiring authors together through our special network.  This week, Write On featured my fellow sister author of Xlibris, STACEY DONALDSON, who is very talented and a beautiful uplifting spirit.  Please check out Stacey's work on Write On, and feel free to comment and contact Write On. 

As I stated earlier, WRITE ON's mission is simply this, "Changing the Literary World. . .ONE Word at a Time!"  I hope you join me and my future fellow authors and discover a world of indie authors YOU haven't been reading!  As always, Peace, Love and Write On Writers! 

P.S.  If you know of a minority indie author that would like to gain more exposure, please email me at mellojune@kimberlyraneehicks.com.  I'd love to learn more about them!