Sunday, July 27, 2014

An Author's Note. . .

Hello Everyone,

Many of you have reached out to me to inquire about my latest novel.  I'm happy to report it's coming along nicely.  I have about fifty pages completed and that may not seem like a lot to you, but I'm here to tell you that's PROGRESS!  Especially having not written a damn thing worth mentioning in three years.  So kudos to me!  (LOL)  This novel is different in that my chapters are much shorter, but still giving you the best drama that only I know how to spin all too well!   Trust and believe it will be well worth the wait!

The story I'm telling is not something I would normally write about.  I'm writing on shear faith and my wild imagination; however, having said that, as I mentioned to you before this story is really writing itself.  It's coming with such an ease, it's frightening to a degree, but I'm thrilled to be getting something on paper.

I want to send a special SHOUT OUT to all my supporters and fans who have hung in there with me and haven't given up on my talent.  I've learned a great deal in these last three silent years and I suppose that's a good thing.  My characters are taking me down a path I wasn't quite sure I was ready to embark upon, but I know they have my back.  As I mentioned to you before, I feel exhilarated and ready to go down the literary path again, something I thought was a thing of my past.  My writing is much stronger this time around and I realize, finally, that with each book comes its own set of challenges but growth and maturity also are brought forth to the table making writing fun for me again.


I credit, in part, my absence from the writing scene due to the shenanigans I see in the publishing and/or literary world.  I was so turned off by the things I saw being done to other authors it made me question whether this was something I wanted to continue to do.  I have many thanks, to you, my fans, for constantly hounding me about writing again and wanting to see how I've grown.  It's truly a blessing to have many of you show your love the way you have.  I can't thank you enough for entrusting in my abilities as an author to give you the type of entertainment you seek.  

Also, many of you have come to expect a new blog post every weekend and believe me I try to make sure I have something new for you each weekend, but as you see, I've been writing, and when the bug hits me, I've got to roll with it.  I do not want anything to stop my flow--seeing as how my flow had all but stopped.  I do not ever want to deal with that again.  It's my prayer to the writing Gods that they never allow me to go through such a slump.  My main goal is to stay focused and try not to worry about what I see happening around me.  I realize now I allowed a lot of negativity hinder my growth and therefore I lost my way.  I cannot and will not let that happen to me again.  

As I've told you before, writing is a crazy process.  The talent does what it wants to do when it wants to do it.  I cannot say for certain when my latest work will be available for your viewing eyes, but I can say it will be sometime within the next year or so.  If it's sooner, I will certainly keep you updated.


Ok. . .I hope this answers a few of your questions and know that I'm hard at work getting 'er done!  Hang in there, as you know I am.  Again, thank you so much for your kind words and support.  I look forward to rapping with you soon.  

P.S.  Please make sure to stick around and check out AAMBC this weekend.  You know I try to bring you the best of what the Indie world has to offer.  There are many of us out here and I think it's safe to say on behalf of all Indie authors, we appreciate your support!

Until next time, Happy Reading!






Kimberly Ranee Hicks, Author/Poet/Reviewer

Bringing Words to Life. . .