Sunday, August 23, 2015

An Oasis. . .

Greetings Intellectual Minds,

I'm sorry I've been slacking off. . .well, actually, I was on vacation and just got back and it occurred to me I hadn't scheduled a post for this weekend.  I'm sure many of you are getting it in too before the kids have to go back to school, or perhaps yourself.  I certainly hope you've enjoyed your summer thus far.  It's getting to that time when the weather gets cooler, but actually I almost couldn't tell.  Hell, summer literally just arrived at the end of July, if you want to keep it totally real! (LOL)

Anyhoo, I've been wondering if you've been keeping up with your reading challenges?  I've been a little bad this year, but through no fault of my own.  With electronics comes problems, and boy have I had my share of that mess!  I'll have to find a few short novels to read to catch up, but I'm sure I'll make up my time.  I think I may be six books down, but I have faith I'll get it together.

So, I'm going to keep this post short and sweet for two reasons.  First, I'm still coming down from my great break, and two, I'm a little sleepy and I think I'm going to take me a short nap before the day's out.  I finished cooking my dinner already so that I don't have to do it later on.  I'm getting myself prepared for the grind this week.  I can't wait until the end of next week because the Labor Day weekend will be here, and I could use that time off.  Trust me, no one is looking forward to that day more than me.  You need a stay-cation from the vacation!  Isn't that something?  You go away and need to be off another week to come down from that!  Crazy, but true.

Looking forward to the new season of Empire!  I hear it's gonna be even better than last, which I can't wait!  Welp, I'm gonna let you go!  Have a good week and we'll talk later this weekend!  Until then, Happy Reading. . .



Kimberly Ranee Hicks, Author/Poet/Reviewer

The Sky's the Limit. . .
or Does it Have to Be?