Tuesday, May 24, 2016

#Author #Interview with Ashley Terrell

COMIN' AT'CHA
Proudly Presents. . .An 'Author Interview'
Featuring, Ashley Terrell




Non Fiction / Self-Help / Memoir

Date Published: April 19, 2016

The city lights blind your amazement. The sound of the traffic challenges you to be alive. Families ask bystanders to make magic and capture the moment with photographs. Newly engaged couples seal their union by kissing under shooting stars while loving by crossing their hearts.

But if your heart was under arrest, wouldn't you want to embrace something to feel like others?

Go insider the world of one courageous sheep as she discovers that her heart was under attack by darkness. As she travels on a spiritual journey to understanding her purpose, overcoming the undertones of low confidence, self-acceptance, and the importance of inspiration, she rose against the odds with forgiveness and strengthening her faith.
Your past does not define your future.

In the dark, we do not have shadows.

In the light, we do.

Even me.

Even you.

Even sheep.

It is time out for hiding the scars and pain.

It is time out for disguising when we need help.

It is time to stand up and embrace yourself.

Regardless of violence.

Regardless of opinions.

Regardless of loneliness.

Regardless of beauty.

You are who you are.

Your future is what you want it to be.

You have a shadow. You have an identity.

Even black sheep have shadows.

God’s sheep are only black because society locks us in a room with the light off.

What’s going to make you determined

to turn the light on?

Here is my story.




Ashley Terrell is the founder of Stella Bistro Foods and Black Sheep Inc. Terrell is the host and co-director of Cooking with Stella (2016). She resides on the East Coast where she enjoys blissful sunsets and sounds of ocean waves.

CONTACT THE AUTHOR/BUY THE BOOK










A CONVERSATION WITH AUTHOR,
ASHLEY TERRELL

1.     What can readers expect from reading The Black Sheep Shadow?     The Black Sheep Shadow carries elements of real life, I believe, many readers can relate to. I wanted to speak on matters and topics that media is fickle about discussing.
2.     Why is The Black Sheep Shadow an important story to tell?         The Black Sheep Shadow is an investment to save the next person that feel [or felt] how I did within my journey. I wanted readers to understand the bond we have with our physical actions, we normally don't observe.
3.     What professional affiliations do you belong?      The National Association of Professional Women (NAPW), Tidewater Builders Association and Family, Career, Community Leaders of America.
4.     How long have you been writing?     I have always had a love for writing. I began professionally writing at 19.
5.     I see you’re also a poet.  Do you find it easier to write poetry more so than writing a full fledge novel?    Poetry allows me the flexibility in my writing. Poetry allows more creativity to breed in my work.  I like writing novels and poetry. They're both fulfilling.
6.     What inspires you?   Breathing. There were a few seasons in my life I couldn't say that. Breathing inspired me. I wanted to discover what fresh air smelled like.
7.     Take our readers through a day and the life of Ashley Terrell.    A day and life .... A day, .. you may quit by lunch time. (laughs). The life? The Black Sheep Shadow ...
8.     What other interests do you have besides writing?   I love to cook. That is a part of my peace. In essence, I started Stella Bistro Foods, about a year ago. It has definitely gained momentum in a short amount of time.
9.     Who are some of your favorite authors?     Valorie Burton, John Maxwell, myself, and Steve Harvey.
10.  Where did you grow up and what was it like?   In the dark, you don't know where you are. You don't know too much of what is going on in the absence of light. HOW it felt made me stronger, though I contested at that time.
11.  If you were to take an individual to hang out, where would you take them?     To the beach. We will pack a cooler of food. Grab a backpack. Grab your journals. Grab a guitar and recorder. Don't forget your sunscreen, Kleenex and sunglasses.  Learn that a new day is on the horizon - sunscreen. Grasp that forgiveness is not a sign of weakness - it's a sign of strength - Kleenex. Allow the sunglasses to be your farewell - sunglasses. Your smile is 'cheers to new things' - new beginning.
12.  How do you relax after a stressful day?    After a stressful day, I breathe and I walk the halls of my house. Each room was materialistically empty [to me]. Though I had memories of rainy days, I smile because the rooms are filled. I look forward to [more] better days. I say 'Thank you, God. Thank you for keeping me' after my stressful day. With Him, it's not a stressful day, I believe I just need Him more on those days.



The Black Sheep Shadow Trailer


Brought to You By:





Kimberly Ranee Hicks, Author/Poet/Reviewer

So, What's YOUR Story?