Friday, May 6, 2016

#Book #Review . . .See How They Run

How far would you go to save your family? In the dead of night, new parents Alice and Harry French are plunged into their worst nightmare when they wake to find masked men in their bedroom. Men ruthless enough to threaten their baby daughter, Evie.

This is no burglary gone wrong. The intruders know who they’re looking for – a man called Edward Renshaw. And they are prepared to kill to get to him.

When the men leave empty handed, little do Alice and Harry realise that their nightmare is just beginning. Is it a case of mistaken identity? Who is Renshaw? And what is he hiding?

One thing is clear – they already know too much.

As Alice and Harry are separated in the run for their lives, there is no time for breathe in their fight to be reunited. And with their attackers closing in, there is only a choice:

STAY ALIVE. OR DON’T.

Terrifying, unputdownable and full of twists and turns, this stunning thriller will have you on the edge of your seat right to the very last page.

Read what everyone is saying about See How They Run ‘Tom Bale is one of the best British thriller writers around’ Simon Kernick

‘Fast paced, shocking turns and thrilling scenes which make the reader focus purely on the characters’ plight within the pages. See How They Run is a fantastically thrilling whirlwind of a book. It is a tense, masterful lesson in putting ordinary characters into extraordinary circumstances and watching the story unfold. A highly entertaining 5 star read for me!‘’ ‘Bibliophile Book Club

‘Heart-poundingly brilliant, the tension was palpable. I could almost hear the adrenaline coursing through my veins. The action is non stop … I could hardly catch my breath.' Sincerely Book Angels

‘See How They Run is a perfect thriller with moments that make you hold your breath and hope that everything will be OK. A fantastic novel that will make you double check and then triple check you locked your back door.’ Blabbering About Books

‘Totally intense read, which I couldn't put down. I actually thought I was going to have a heart attack it got my heart racing that much!' Chelle's Book Reviews


M & J’s Review


The last time my heart thumped this hard was when I read The DaVinci Code by Dan Brown. Wow, this book takes your breath away and then you suddenly realize, “Hey, I’m not breathing!” You have to continually tell yourself “I’m reading” and this is not happening to you, the reader, per se.

Harry and Alice French are ordinary people living a very ordinary life. Both work and they just added an addition to their family, eight-month-old Evie. One evening after settling down for the evening, only to be horrifyingly awaken by a shadowy figure standing at the foot of their bed advising Harry to “wake up!” Confused and feeling as though he’s still dreaming when he eventually figures out this isn’t a dream, but his worst nightmare come true, he’s terrified beyond belief for himself and his family.

Unfortunately, Alice wakes up and joins in the fear with her husband. There aren’t one, but two men standing in their bedroom, one brandishing a firearm, while the other one uses their daughter as a bargaining chip. What these men want isn’t something the French family can readily give, for you see, they don’t know anything about an Edward Renshaw. First off, they have no idea who the hell this guy is, and secondly, he doesn’t live at their current residence. In fact, Harry offers up other addresses similar to theirs wherein these thugs have made a grave mistake. Hmm, or did they?

As the story builds, your heart continues to beat a mile a minute right along with the characters. In fact, I was so engrossed in this story, I could actually hear theme music in my mind as if the words were an actual movie reel. Talk about adding effect for good measure. You’re scared to death to find out if they make it out of this nightmare, but the action is so tremendous, you can’t tear your eyes away from the pages. My eyes were so sore due to the stretching and lack of blinking for fear I’d miss one single word the entire time I read. This was an aah-maa-zing action packed journey that is nail-biting, shirt clutching, heart thumpingly good! (Is that a word? LOL) Who needs exercise when you can get your heart pumping with a book this enticing. 

Harry and Alice French weren’t just a figment of Bale’s imagination. They were you and me, which makes this story so believable. How good was this book? It was so good it had me screaming and talking out loud as if Harry and Alice could hear me telling them where to run and what they need to watch out for. I found myself doing this several times. I’m sure passersby witnessing me reading outside probably thought I was nuts. And ask me if I cared? You know I didn’t. When a book makes you behave like that, you know you’re in the moment! 

Bale places the reader front and center in the story line. If you aren’t feeling their pain, you’re not human! My, my, my what a book! Oooh I love it! Mello & June gives See How They Run Five Stars and beyond! Readers, if you want a story that will jumpstart your day, add See How They Run! I guarantee you, you’ll be running in place while you read. This I can assure you. Buckle up readers—‘cause you’re in for one hell of a bumpy ride! The book is on sale right now! Get it and read immediately! Don’t add to your shelf. Read right now! You’ll be so glad you did!






Kimberly Ranee Hicks, Author/Poet/Reviewer