Thursday, May 12, 2016

#Cover #Reveal. . .Full Share


THE WAIT IS OVER!



Full Share by Eliza Freed 

Publication date: June 21, 2016

Genres: Contemporary, New Adult

Synopsis:

Nora Hargrove’s post-grad life includes a horrific entry-level job, a cave of an apartment, and a strict avoidance of all interpersonal relationships. She knows only one thing about herself—she wants to be left alone.

Avoiding her mother’s forced family time, she seeks solitude on her own terms. In a poorly ventilated, overcrowded Dewey Beach rental, she discovers there’s no place to hide. Not from yourself, not from your life, and not from love. This is the story of Nora Hargrove’s full share.

I learned the healing power of a good bloody Mary and a dip in the Atlantic. I kayaked in the dead of night and witnessed the only shooting star I’ve ever seen. I fell in love on a bed made of pallets. I lived.

Life is deep. Dive in.

BONUS EXCERPT:

We boarded car number eleven. Jack sat across from me and as soon as we cleared the boarding platform, he began rocking our car back and forth. I didn’t react. 

“Ah, man. This reminds me of my childhood.” He sat back and rested his arms on the back of the bench on each side of him. 

Still no reaction. 

“I miss it. What about you, Nora Hargrove?” 

“Can’t you ever just be near someone? Do you have to be with them?” 

Jack leaned over toward me and very seriously asked, “Do you hear yourself?” 

I lowered my eyes and hid from him, and with a finger to my chin he forced me to face him. 

“Let’s try this again.” He was so incredibly kind. His eyes were a deep blue against the falling sun in the sky. I let myself unknot there. “What do you miss about your childhood?” He waited. I was sure he was preparing himself for my sarcasm. 

“I miss having someone to respect.” I didn’t look away. I’d give him exactly what he asked for, and he’d probably regret it. “So, don’t fuck this up. Okay?” 

He ran his fingertips down the side of my face as my words sank between us. 

I dropped my bag on the mattress next to him. He stirred and rolled over, facing me with a pleasant expression on his face. 

“What are you doing in my bed?” I wasn’t angry. I wasn’t even surprised. The boundaries of my life had disappeared on this short block in this one-mile-long beach town. 

“I was hoping you’d come down and climb in with me.” 

I tilted my head and pondered Jack. He was enormous. My boyfriend in high school had been a few inches taller than me, but we’d weighed about the same. Jack’s arm might have weighed more than me, and when he spooned me and put one leg over my thighs, it felt like a tree was lying across my body. He was a man. 

“Why are you even here? Don’t you have to work?” My eyes rested on the arm he’d just put up behind his head. Even through my multi-year silent obsession with Rob, it was never about his body. Rob had that lanky, I-might-be-a-coke-addict look. He was always maybe dirty, but probably not, because his shoes cost more than most people’s car payment. Every ounce of Jack was strong, and my admiration of his body threw me a little. 

“No power. That’s why I’m cooking myself out here. It’s out on the whole island.” 

“Really?” I surveyed the room, but nothing was ever plugged in to note the absence of power except the shell lights, and we only turned them on at night. 

“Really. How come you didn’t come down last night?” Jack moved over until the back of his body rested against the wall. 

I sat next to him, and he pulled me down to lie beside him. “I was tired. My job can be draining.” He slid me closer to him. My back was resting on his chest. “And sometimes this house can be draining.” 

“Not on Thursday nights.” I pulled Jack’s arm over my shoulders and closer to me. “No. Not on Thursdays.”

AUTHOR BIO:


Eliza Freed graduated from Rutgers University and returned to her hometown in rural South Jersey. Her mother encouraged her to take some time and find herself. After three months of searching, she began to bounce checks and her neighbors began to talk; her mother told her to find a job.

She settled into Corporate America, learning systems and practices and the bureaucracy that slows them. Eliza quickly discovered her creativity and gift for story telling as a corporate trainer and spent years perfecting her presentation skills and studying diversity. It’s during this time she became an avid observer of the characters we meet and the heartaches we endure. Her years of study have taught her laughter is the key to survival, even when it’s completely inappropriate.

She currently lives in New Jersey with her family and a misbehaving beagle named Odin. An avid swimmer, if Eliza is not with her family and friends, she’d rather be underwater. While she enjoys many genres, she has always been a sucker for a love story…the more screwed up the better.

CONTACT THE AUTHOR/BUY THE BOOK








GIVEAWAY! GIVEAWAY! GIVEAWAY!

Eliza is giving away a signed ARC of Full Share and a $25 Amazon Gift Certificate





Brought to You By:







Kimberly Ranee Hicks, Author/Poet/Reviewer

Don't Be UNdressed. . .Get Covered!